- Admission to school is made once a year in the month of April to Class VII and IX only. The written examination for selection of the candidates is normally held in January every year. The actual dates of the examination are notified on school website.
Application form to be filled online only through school website www.upsainikschool.org.
- Candidates are selected only from amongst the boys domiciled in Uttar Pradesh. Only male candidates having age of more than 10½ years and less than 12 years on 02 July of the year in which admission is sought are eligible for class VII. For example, for session 2018-19 a candidates must have been born not before 02 Jul 2006 and not later than 01 Jan 2008 for class VII. The age of candidates seeking admission in class-IX will be between 12½ to 14 years. This year only female candidates are eligible for class IX.
Proof of correct date of birth and studying certificate from the head of the recognized educational institution last attended or attending, must be submitted at the time of admission. If the boy is finally selected he will not be admitted in the school unless he produces the last school leaving certificate at the time of admission duly countersigned by the concerned district education authorities. Candidates must have passed class VI from a recognized institution.Those studying in class VI and otherwise eligible can also take the admission examination provided they pass class VI before joining the Institution and produce a certificate to that effect from the head of the recognized institution in which they are/were studying.
3.1 For admission to school, candidates must qualify in the written examination, consisting of one question papers, i.e., Mathematics, Intelligence, English, General Knowledge. Exam will be OMR based. Three times candidates will be called for interview on basis of merit. Admission is granted on the basis of merit after interview and Medical Examination. 10 seats are declared as Part of Payment seats. Fee structure of the Payment seat-would be double the normal fee. Payment seats therefore will be offered to the candidates in order of merit till the merit rank of 100 only.
3.2 Scheme of examination will be as under:-
OMR based One question paper having, Mathematics, Intelligence, English, General Knowledge- 200 Marks – 2:30 hours
4.1 The Written examination is held at the following centres in Uttar Pradesh;
(a) Agra (d) Faizabad (g) Meerut
(b) Allahabad (e) Gorakhpur (h) Varanasi
(c) Bareilly (f) Jhansi (I) Lucknow * School has all right reserved for allotment of exam center and can increase or decrease As and when required.
4.2 The entrance test will be completed in a day only.
- Standard of the written examination
is that of class VI/VIII of U.P. Board / Central Board of Secondary Education/ Council for Indian School Certificate Examination for admission to class-VII/IX respectively.
- Results of the written examination are published in the school website www.upsainikschool.org and displayed on the school notice board also.
- Candidates qualifying in the written examination are interviewed at the Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey U.P. Sainik School by a selection board consisting of the Principal Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey U.P. Sainik School, an Army Officer not below the rank of Major deputed by the local formation headquarters, a senior psychologist from the Education Department of the U.P. State and a team of school staff.
- Candidates who qualify at the interview are required to appear before a Military medical board on payment of Rs. 100/- for GEN and OBC candidates,& Rs. 50/-for SC/ST candidates (Fee may change as per command hospital instruction) . The standard of medical fitness is given at appendix ‘B’. The findings of the Military Medical Board are final and binding. No review authority is permissible and no correspondence on the subject is entertained.
- Finally a merit list is prepared and candidates are admitted according to their placement in the merit list, the number of vacancies available and medical fitness.
- The candidates are required to make their own arrangement for boarding and lodging in connection with examination, interviews and medical examination. No TA/DA is admissible.
11. Under no circumstances, the candidates or their parents, guardians, relatives or friends will be permitted to approach any officer of the school or any other person connected with the selection of candidates. Any attempt to do so will disqualify the candidate.
- Reservation in admission is provided as per Govt. orders on the subject. Existing reservation is as follows:-
OBC – 27%
SC – 21%
ST – 2%
If any false caste certificate is found at any time his candidature will be cancelled and legal action will be initiated as per rules.
13. Parent/ guardian of each cadet is required to execute an agreement (Appx. ‘G’) to the effect that if his ward does not appear at the N.D.A. Entrance examination of the Union Public Service Commission or having taken the examination does not join NDA if selected he would have to refund the entire amount spent on his son/ward during his stay at the school. This will also be the position if he leaves the school at any intermediate stage (see Section XVII).