- Admission to school is made once a year in the month of April to Class VII and IX only. The written examination for selection of the candidates is normally held in January every year. The actual dates of the examination are notified on school website.
Application form to be filled online only through the school website www.upsainikschool.org.
- Eligibility: (i) Father of candidate must be a domicile of UP. (ii) Only male candidates having age of more than 10½ years and less than 13 years on 02 July of the year in which admission is sought are eligible for class VII. The age of candidates seeking admission in Class IX will be between 12½ to 15 years. For example, for session 2021-22 a candidates must have been born not before 02 Jul 2008 and not later than 01 Jan 2011 for Class VII and a candidates must have been born not before 02 Jul 2006 and not later than 01 Jan 2009 for Class IX. (iii) Must have passed Class VI and VIII for admission in class VII and IX respectively by 20 May 2021 from a recognized school.
3.1 For admission to school, candidates must qualify in the written examination consisting of one question paper i.e., Mathematics & Intelligence, English, General Knowledge. Exam will be OMR based. Three times candidates in respect to the no. of vacant seats will be called for the Interview on basis of merit. Admission is granted on the basis of merit after Interview and Medical Examination. 10 seats are declared as part of Payment seats. School Fee of the Payment seat is double the Normal seat fee. Payment seats therefore will be offered to the candidates in order of merit till the merit rank of 100 only.
3.2 Scheme of examination will be as under:-
OMR based One question paper having Mathematics & Intelligence, English, General Knowledge – 200 Marks – 2:30 hours
4.1 The Written examination is held at the following centres in Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Ayodhya, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Meerut, Prayagraj, Varanasi and Lucknow. School has all right reserved for allotment of exam center and can increase or decrease as and when required.
4.2 The Written Entrance Exam will be completed in a day only.
- Standard of the Written Examination is that of Class VI/VIII of U.P. Board / Central Board of Secondary Education/ Council for Indian School Certificate Examination for admission to Class VII/IX respectively.
- Results of the written examination are displayed on the school website www.upsainikschool.org and also on the school notice board.
- Candidates qualifying in the written examination are interviewed at the Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey U.P. Sainik School Lucknow by a selection board.
- Candidates who qualify at the Interview are required to go through the Medical examination.
- Finally a merit list is prepared and candidates are admitted according to their placement in the merit list, the number of vacancies available and medical fitness.
- The candidates are required to make their own arrangement for boarding and lodging in connection with Written examination, Interviews and Medical examination. No TA/DA is admissible.
- Under no circumstances, the candidates or their parents, guardians, relatives or friends will be permitted to approach any Officer of the school or any other person connected with the selection of candidates. Any attempt to do so will disqualify the candidate.
- Out of total vacancies, 27 % of the seats are reserved for OBC, 21 % for SC, 02% for ST and 10 % for EWS category. Vimukt Jati will not be considered in the ST category.
If any false caste certificate is found at any time his candidature will be cancelled and legal action will be initiated as per rules.
13. Parent/ guardian of each cadet is required to execute an agreement to the effect that if his ward does not appear at the N.D.A. Entrance examination of the Union Public Service Commission or having taken the examination does not join NDA if selected, he would have to refund the entire amount spent on his son/ward during his stay at the school. This will also be the position if he leaves the school at any intermediate stage.